It’s hard to believe, but we’re here – 6 months into 2021.
July 1st marks the half-way point of the calendar year and serves as an opportunity to check in with yourself, your goals, and your intentions. With the hustle and bustle of life, it is easy to overlook life changes of all sizes and impacts. We’re here to help with some things to consider for the remainder of the year:
- Gather your tax documents and check in with your tax professional to review contributions, exemptions, and gifting.
- Where are you on your retirement goals? Are you maxing out your 401k or other retirement accounts?
- Evaluate your investment portfolio, performance, and budget with your financial advisor.
- If business or employment has changed, it is important to evaluate how this affects future goals.
- Review life, health and property and casualty insurance to reflect how your life looks now.
- As your family grows, it is important to consider custodial arrangements and planning ahead for education expenses.
- Beneficiaries – have you added them to all of your accounts and do they still reflect your wishes?
- When was the last time you updated your estate planning documents?
- Determine if you want to refinance your mortgage or make any home improvements.
- Ask yourself: how am I stacking up against the goals I set in January? Did I meet them? Have they changed? Are they the same? Do they need to change?
Above all, check in with yourself mentally and physically. The importance of self-care is often overlooked, so be sure to make time for yourself and your family in the coming months.